[DG: Euro Sakai] Sakai European Conference 2011

Ian Dolphin iandolphin at sakaifoundation.org
Mon Feb 7 12:51:55 PST 2011

Dear Colleagues

I have sounded out several individuals from the Sakai community in Europe around possible arrangements for the Sakai European Conference 2011. These are the indicative points which there is early consensus around. Please take them as suggestions - and use this list to correct, amplify, and develop them further.

Potential dates - w/c 19th September or 26th September 2011

Potential venues - Amsterdam, Oxford, Barcelona.

Potential major themes (NB - these are not intended to be exclusive, simply points of focus) -

Technical themes - Internationalisation + Sakai and mobile devices

Implementation themes - Different scenarios of use, including teaching, learning and research collaboration. Bob Strunze of U Limerick described this as presenting Sakai as "a holistic solution for teaching, learning and research collaboration". There was also a suggestion that we run a European Teaching and Learning with Sakai award. I'm investigating sponsorship for that presently.

Strategic themes -  Internationalisation + How will next generation learners and academic practitioners interact with content?

We're also engaging the OpenCast and Jasig communities to assess their level of interest in the event.

If you are willing to serve on the conference organising committee, please let me know directly.

Best wishes

Ian

--
Ian Dolphin