[DG: Euro Sakai] 2013 Conference

Ian Dolphin iandolphin at sakaifoundation.org
Wed Dec 14 03:25:30 PST 2011

Colleagues

There was no strong consensus around a venue or date for a 2012 Sakai European event, although there was general agreement that September was far from ideal for many educational institutions, being the start of term/semester for most.

I'm therefore going with Raul's suggestion of shifting the next European event to February 2013, and am happy to take offers from institution to host and organize, with the assistance of the Foundation.

Early in the New Year, I will poll the list with suggested times and dates for a series of quarterly "update" calls for the European Sakai Community. These will allow Q&A with Foundation staff, and enable interaction between European institutions. European Conference organization for 2013 can spin out of those calls at an appropriate point.

Best

Ian

--
Ian Dolphin