[cle-release-team] Sakai 10 upgrade survey results (not final, but close enough)

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Mar 19 13:05:51 PDT 2014

[sakai-pmc, and Sakai core team-with-the-out-of-style-email-address]

Hey,

I've enclosed the PDF summary of the Sakai 10 upgrade survey. I have one
more duplicate to eradicate and then the total response will be 70. It
takes a little mundane effort to publish nicely on Confluence (something
I thought Confluence would be good at, ... maybe I'm missing
something....). I like to publish on Confluence before announcing the
results more broadly.

Here's a quick summary of the stats (and some comparison to last year):

* 70 institutional responses compared to 86 in 2013, a drop in response
rate of 19%.  That seems significant to me and I wonder why? timing?
people tired of seeing emails from me? etc.

* 65% are on Sakai 2.9 as of February 2014. (yeah!)

* 66% plan to base their next upgrade on the community release compared
to 63% last year.

* 58% plan to upgrade to Sakai 10; 27% plan to upgrade to Sakai 2.9; and
15% don't have upgrade plans yet.

* 62% plan to upgrade to Sakai 10 by the end of this year; 18% in 2015,
and 20% don't know when they are upgrading

Not bad numbers, eh?

Cheers,
Neal

[1] 2013 Sakai Upgrade survey results (for comparison purposes) -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/CLE+upgrade+survey+results+-+Q1+2013

--
Neal Caidin
Sakai Community Coordinator