[cle-release-team] [sakai-pmc] Managing CLA's with new contributions

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Mon Mar 17 11:25:14 PDT 2014

-1  Circling back.  I do not agree with this approach.  It introduces fuzzy logic that at some point could catch us out.

>> One suggestion from Dr. Chuck is that at some point a "patch" becomes a contribution when it includes new significant IP rather than just fixing
>> a bug or glitch and that it is up to those who have commit privileges to make sure not to commit something large from a person that does not have a CCLA.  Does everyone agree with this characterization?

In my opinion, a signed iCLA needs to be on file before we accept a code contribution, irrespective of its size or character.  It's a simple rule and not all that hard to enforce.

anthony whyte | its and mlibrary | university of michigan | arwhyte at umich.edu | 517-980-0228