[cle-release-team] [sakai-pmc] Managing CLA's with new contributions

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Sun Mar 16 09:38:44 PDT 2014

On Mar 16, 2014, at 11:29 AM, Berg, Alan <A.M.Berg at uva.nl> wrote:

> >We are thinking about asking folks who already have a CLA on-file under the Sakai Foundation (which AFAIK is still perfectly valid)
>
> Prefer not see developers signing a second time if their first signing is still valid.

Like Alan - I see this as a colossal mistake.  If we ask for new CCLAs and the new management won't sign it - it puts us in a legally very tenuous situation.

Ultimately an organization *can* revoke a CCLA - although they seldom do.   But if an organization wants to revoke a CCLA - they much take steps to do so.   If we ask for a new CCLA - I think that some legal folks would suggest that if there was not a new CCLA forthcoming - it would invalidate the old CCLA.

Lets just *NOT* go there.

This is a very very silly idea.   The merger took care of all of this.  If you have a google doc - type in the data by hand.

/Chuck