[cle-release-team] Review for SAK-23143

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Mar 7 13:07:24 PST 2014

I put in a fix for this blocker for sites being accidentally deleted and
would appreciate a review/testing if anyone has any time. I'd hate it to
accidentally delete worse than it is right now. ;)

https://crucible.sakaiproject.org/cru/SAKTRUNK-43

This is looking pretty good in my testing in both the debugger and
otherwise.

Basically it does the suggestion of rather than storing the new property in
the session, it just adds it as a property, adds a site property of "new" =
"true"  to the site. This is removed when the site is saved. The side
advantage of this is that if someone closes the browser completely, these
orphaned pages would be easier to find.

There were are also 2 state attribute to keep track of both new page and
tool creation. The complication slight of these is that they can be cleaned
up pretty easily when you hit done, but if you click save instead then the
code has to go through all the pages and all the tools of the site cleaning
up this property. I added that code and it looks to be working efficiently
(the pages/tools don't appear to be written until the final save anyway,
unlike site) but just wonder about it.

Would someone be likely to accidentally remove a page from a site using
multi tabs? Probably less likely. And there doesn't seem to be a cancel
button for a page/tool anyway, it's either done, save or cancel everything.
So you probably can't mess that up, so maybe not even a need to track
page/tool properties right now. (Unless I'm missing the cancel button)

When testing, follow the description. Also go back into the new site after
saving and verify the property "new" is removed. I'd go into the pages and
make sure there are no "new" properties there either.