[cle-release-team] [sakai2-tcc] Java 6 vs Java 7 - was Re: Emerging consensus to focus on 2.10

David Adams da1 at vt.edu
Mon Sep 9 11:38:02 PDT 2013

I'm not part of the release team or the TCC, but if the QA servers are
not already running on Java 7, it's long overdue. As of June 2013,
Java 6 can no longer be considered secure, as the latest security
update, which was released at that time, is not available to the
public. I don't believe Sakai should require its users to contract for
support from Oracle to run the recommended configuration securely.

--
David Adams
Director of Server and Network Operations