[cle-release-team] [Building Sakai] Release thoughts

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Nov 13 09:57:19 PST 2013

Right we talked about this on the call this morning. We eventually will
have a freeze for i18n and help documentation. This is planned to be the
beta which we'd like to happen at the ApereoCamp at the end of January.

Some date between now and January (ideally in the next few weeks) we will
have all blockers resolved and will be able to cut an "alpha". This will be
deployed to some QA server where and better testing can start on a stable
database with a static revision. This is what Neal mentioned in his email.
Trunk will still be getting new features planned for merged 10 in. Any new
feature that is decided to not be included in Sakai 10 (likely because of
the amount of work remaining or the large possibility of regression) will
need to be held off in a branch or in a patch file.

There's some details still to be worked out and will be sent out in a more
formal announcement in the next few weeks.