[cle-release-team] Hidden vs Disabled issues

Thomas, Gregory J gjthomas at iupui.edu
Thu May 16 08:58:07 PDT 2013

Ran out of time at the meeting to talk about it, but wanted to bring some attention to it sooner rather than later.  We think there's some issues on how it's suppose to work, but maybe we need to make sure the definitions between the states are defined correctly.  The biggie was tool links can sometimes still exist in the drawer drop down and ignores hidden/disabled checks.

Hidden - Unless the user has the site.upd permission, the tool should not be usable/accessible
Disabled - Also requires the site.upd permission, but the tool should still be usable by site.upd users.  This was originally made to bring functionality into Lesson Builder.

This document is still ongoing, but we believe we've found some discrepancies and there's still several places users (students) are able to access tools.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgD6gGVSs47VdGtNZFhpdk5BcTBTYnRDSC1BRXF1OVE#gid=1

We're wanting to get confirmation that the suggested behaviors is what's desired, before making more and more jiras to get these addressed.  Andrea has also added some pdf files to explain, as well, and consider this the "parent ticket".  https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23194

There may be some larger issues at work here, but hopefully this gets some discussion started on how to address what's been found so far.

Thanks,
Greg