[cle-release-team] CLE 2.9.2-rc02 planning

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Tue May 7 08:09:32 PDT 2013

Hey CLE release team!

The QA team just had a discussion to plan for RC02.

Since Alan is not available, I think we could use another QA server for Anti-Samy High setting. Anybody think their institution can swing this? I know Indiana is in the middle of a big cutover this weekend, so guessing that they will not be available. If we don't get another QA server in the mix, then I think we will ask Longsight to use High AntiSamy on their QA instance (instead of Low AntiSamy). That will give us one load balanced server with AntiSamy off (Rutgers) and one server with AntiSamy high setting. Sure would be nice to have AntiSamy low setting as well though.

The basic test plan will be to re-test the CK Editor somewhat, but not as intensively as for rc01. Regression test the Lessons tool, since it had some work between rc01 and rc02. And test as many of the Jira fixes that went into 2.9.x between RC01 and RC02, I think this was about two dozen.

I should have the QA test plan ready by tomorrow morning (most likely). Hopefully Matt will get a chance to cut RC02 in the same time frame, roughly. I believe he has been busy with local issues.

If rc02 testing goes well, we could have CLE 2.9.2 complete by sometime next week-ish.

Questions? Comments?

Thanks,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator