[cle-release-team] Issues with tomcat incompatibilities on 2 tools

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Mar 27 17:23:41 PDT 2013

Hi Neal (and release team),

A few issues about tomcat version came up on lists and jira recently that
we should make the community aware of:

If you're running the tag of Sakai 2.9.1 or earlier you need to be running
Tomcat 7.0.21 or earlier. If you go any higher Webdav and Sitestats will
have errors and not work.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/STAT-339

After we get the merge for SAK-23156 in we should recommend everyone
running 2.9.x or soon to be 2.9.2 be running the latest tomcat that this is
released against (at the moment 7.0.39).

Thanks!