[cle-release-team] Versioning JIRA components

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Tue Mar 19 06:56:03 PDT 2013

> I say all this with a caveat: If we drop the indies and their potentially
> rapid release cycles, we need to have more rapid full Sakai maintenance
> releases (and if the process is simpler and quicker than it is now, I will
> do them). We cant wait months between releases

Agree with you and Anthony here.  I think we need to release near as fast
as the fastest indies released.  This means 4-6 maintenance releases per
major release instead of 2-3.

So the main goals would be: easier releases (less release tasks => more
releases) and easier JIRA work (centrality of issues => easier maintenance).

What's the next step here?  Do I need to ask the TCC for a vote?

--Sam