[cle-release-team] Versioning JIRA components

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 20:52:14 PDT 2013

I think Anthony's extended list is fine.

I wouldn't do this for 2.8 though, too disruptive and the release process
isn't that long anymore now the process has been sorted (and someone close
to the repo does the indies)
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/~steve.swinsburg/sakai-2.8.3+release

I say all this with a caveat: If we drop the indies and their potentially
rapid release cycles, we need to have more rapid full Sakai maintenance
releases (and if the process is simpler and quicker than it is now, I will
do them). We cant wait months between releases. If we do we are back to
where we started, releases will be stale and people will run from the
branches.

cheers,
Steve