[cle-release-team] Revisiting AntiSamy - High vs Low setting - CLE 2.9.3

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Jul 30 11:20:24 PDT 2013

Hi CLE Release team,

For discussion:

I am not sure if we need to revisit this issue or not, but since I've had a couple of off-line conversations with CLE team members, it seems best to bring everyone into the conversation and make sure we are all on the same page.

The current default for AntiSamy is High setting. This is what is going into CLE 2.9.3

If the team wants this to be Low setting, then a decision needs to be made quickly, and the properties in 2.9.x updated before CLE 2.9.3 is cut.

In the original TCC decision, no mention was made of whether the default would be low or high:
 http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai2-tcc/2013-April/003132.html

However, I made a proposal to the TCC for the CLE 2.9.3 setting to be a default of High (which I think was a follow up to a CLE decision on a team teleconference):
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai2-tcc/2013-June/003612.html

There was some concern expressed at the time that the Low setting has been better tested than the High setting so far. And I'm hearing that the High setting may require significantly more maintenance and will break when an external service changes how it delivers content (like Youtube recently did).

If we are to keep the High setting, I think we could use documentation on how to grant new sites permission and how to turn it off if it is too restrictive. Any volunteers? :-)

Cheers,
Neal