[cle-release-team] 2.9 install guide totally incorrect

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Fri Jan 4 05:13:47 PST 2013

From Steve's blog, searching on catalina.properties and finding an entry on Tomcat 7, going back to April 2011, I found the following:

Open the Tomcat 7 conf/catalina.properties file.
Find the line that starts with common.loader= and append to the end:
,${catalina.base}/common/lib/*.jar
That is, we’ve appended the old classloader location for the common jars to the end. Make sure you only append and not replace, you need to keep the existing configuration.
Find the line that starts with server.loader= and replace it with:
server.loader=${catalina.base}/server/lib/*.jar
That is, we’ve restored the old classloader location for the server jars.
Find the line that starts with shared.loader= and replace it with:
shared.loader=${catalina.base}/shared/classes,${catalina.base}/shared/lib/*.jar
That is, we’ve restored the old classloader location for the shared jars.

Add this to section 5.2 on install guide - https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=82249316  ?

Thanks,
Neal