[cle-release-team] May not make CLE meeting Thursday

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Wed Feb 13 05:22:50 PST 2013

Hi folks,

I have a personal issue which has come up and I may not be able to make the CLE team meeting Thursday morning. I thought it would be worth at least a heads up!

The agenda items I have in mind are to kick off 2.9.2 planning and to see if there was a way to get a 2.9.1-all tag.

For the 2.9.2 planning:

* I think it is worth reminding folks of the process for adding small enhancements - https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/Maintenance+Branch+Merge+Policy

*  to ask folks to add the label "292triage" to issues (bug fixes) which they are interested in seeing in the 2.9.2 release (this seemed to work pretty well for the 2.9.1 release, imho)

The QA team brainstormed ways to prioritize issues that get into the release. We have the obvious criteria of addressing blockers and criticals first, but if there are a lot of criticals, or when we get past criticals to lower severity issues there is no prioritization process. Would voting work? Jira's voting mechanism is pretty easy to use. I was thinking of making the call for voting broader than just QA and Dev lists, and perhaps include the Prod list as well (though for Prod list, would probably need to include detailed instructions, since those folks might not be regular visitors to Jira).

I'm not sure where to go with the 2.9.1-all tag issue, but thought it would at least worth a discussion since there seems to be interest in having such a tag.

Cheers,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org