[cle-release-team] Off cycle kernel release possible?

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Wed Apr 3 00:28:10 PDT 2013

Hi Gang,

Any chance of getting this cut?

On Thu, 2013-03-28 at 10:47 -0400, Anthony Whyte wrote:

KNL-968 and KNL-1038 have been merged to 1.3.x.

A kernel-1.3.2 release, cut now, will include 4 fixes and 1 improvement.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10410&version=13138

Bug
        • [KNL-875] - Performance issues with message bundles loading and java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timer already cancelled. error
        • [KNL-1008] - change the maxElementsInMemory property inside EhCacheFactoryBean.java to maxEntriesOnHeap, in order to sync with recent ehcache version
        • [KNL-1037] - excessive memory usage inside realRoleGroupCache values
        • [KNL-1038] - The default value of samigo.answerUploadRepositoryPath in SakaiBootStrap.java doesn't get dereferenced
Feature Request
        • [KNL-968] - Add ability to register a config key in SCS from tools or services

Matt--do you have time to cut this release for UCT either today or tomorrow?

Once cut we will need to update the 2.9.x master pom to either 1) bind to the new kernel or 2) bind to the new snapshot.  I'd recommend binding to the new snapshot on the off chance further kernel fixes are required prior to the release. If no kernel changes occur between now and the 2.9.2 release, 2.9.2 should bind to kernel-1.3.2.

Anth