[cle-release-team] jenkins tweets

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Sep 20 14:36:40 PDT 2012

It looks like they work if you're logged in.

The problem was that I noticed that the Console logs for the jobs would
occasionally have passwords in them. The Password Mask Plugin (
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Mask+Passwords+Plugin) seemed
to get most of the passwords but not all of them. I don't see any way of
giving anonymous read access to jobs but not access to console output via
the UI or any existing plugin. It's possible that this bug was related for
Mask Passwords (https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-12161) but not
included in any (yet) released version.

In any case, disabling access was easiest, and I wasn't aware of the
twitter disabling side effect. I'm not super sure how important this is to
fix either.