[cle-release-team] [sakai2-tcc] 2.9.0 key issues [short] list

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Oct 31 13:00:03 PDT 2012

It also seems like the conversion script having the lines

 DELETE FROM SAKAI_EVENT;
 DELETE FROM SAKAI_SESSION;

Are bad ideas, especially for schools that don't archive these tables.

Ideally it should have had
CREATE TABLE SAKAI_EVENT_KNL_734_BAK AS (SELECT * FROM SAKAI_EVENT);
CREATE TABLE SAKAI_SESSION_KNL_734_BAK AS (SELECT * FROM SAKAI_SESSION);

Note these deletes are not the in mysql scripts.

I'm not sure if going to TIMESTAMP WITH LOCAL TIME ZONE still even requires
this deletion since the data isn't altered like it is with the other format?