[cle-release-team] [sakai2-tcc] 2.9.0 key issues [short] list

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Oct 31 09:54:07 PDT 2012

Beth, just as a summary.

This entire issue came up because both Omer (at rice)
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2012-September/018931.html
And Jaco (At opencollab)
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2012-September/019064.html

Said that there were warnings about sessions getting closed and clusters
leaving when the field on SAKAI_CLUSTER was converted by the 2.9.x script
to "TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE". It should fix the DST problem but caused
this other problem.

Leaving it as DATETIME (the existing field type) would still leave the DST
problem, converting to TIMESTAMP would give you increased precision but
still leave the DST problem.

Converting to TIMESTAMP WITH LOCAL TIME ZONE could potentially resolve both
clustering and DST, or it might break still break the clustering.

So you need both a cluster and daylight savings to test both issues. ;)
Though it sounds like Michigan has that, check your logs for those cluster
INFO messages.