[cle-release-team] [samigo-team] More Samigo questions for 2.9.0 release

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Thu Oct 25 13:11:48 PDT 2012

I can add a little more detail... The intention is to have the default 2.9 conversion scripts assume that English is the default language. If an institution has another language by default, they will need to add/modify their own SQL to make sure the conversion works properly. There are already conversions available for English, Catalan, and Spanish (listed as attachments in the JIRA). The conversion is only for the old tests, as Neal points out.

Before this change, there was some text that would _not_ reflect the user's language preference. After this change, it will dynamically reflect the user's language preference.

We should probably add some suitably apologetic message to the release notes regarding non-English institutions.

- Beth

>>> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-1749