[cle-release-team] Summary 2.9.0 status

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Thu Oct 25 09:53:52 PDT 2012

Hi CLE release team,

We are getting close to the final release.  In addition to load testing, which University of Michigan plans to perform next week, we have two issues that need resolution. One issue had a consensus decision - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAM-787 and the other is a potential blocker which is being looked at  - https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22801 .

No other blockers have been uncovered during RC02 testing so far. This means, if all goes well, we could have a final release candidate ready by next Wednesday afternoon. If that is the case, and if we can get testing organized for Thursday/Friday of next week, then we possibly could have the production release by next Friday (though more likely announced a day or a few afterwards).

We are working on getting the updated Help files into the release, but it is not clear if this will be ready in time, and we determined that this will not be a blocker for the release.

Please feel free to review today's meeting minutes - http://etherpad.ctools.org/rmmt-2012-10-25

Cheers,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator