[cle-release-team] 2.9.0 release start planned for tonight at 9PM EST / 2AM UCT

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Nov 9 06:04:26 PST 2012

Yes, the fix pulled from the .x branches. While no merging from the release
team was done this week, indie project leads were still able to merge
changes into their branches. There was no easy/fast way to change that
during this release process and I couldn't just release from rc03 directly
because of how the workflow is setup without a few hours of work.

So LSNBLDR-144, LSNBLDR-146 and LSNBLDR-147 are included. Chuck Hedrick
said that he'd rolled these all out at Rutgers production.

It's possible the next cycle we could either hold back indies or pick
specific versions to include. Ideally we could test these out earlier in QA
and cut the indie releases faster. This would be easier if more people were
involved in release management. Perhaps that will happen in the next few
months.

There was a plan at this weeks release meeting to try to fast track 2.9.1
to get out before the end of the year. I think it would be nice if we could
utilize one of the initial goals of the indies, keeping the unchanged
modules at the previous version to avoid having to worry about testing
everything each release. This seems like it could speed up the release
process and be a good test if the indie experiment really helps at all or
not.