[cle-release-team] Confluence/Jira upgrade completed

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Sat Mar 31 07:44:08 PDT 2012

On jira there is also an minor issue with Greenhopper where Rank Up/Rank
Down are visible for non-logged in users. This is a bug that is supposed to
be fixed in the "next version". When posting these return a 401
(not-authorized) though, so not a big deal.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-4778
.
I don't see a What's New page, maybe it's a first time thing?

Otherwise, most of the UI changes I've seen are on the administration side,
so it looks okay otherwise.

4.3 had a new plugin management system

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+4.3+Release+Notes#JIRA43ReleaseNotes-NewPluginManagementSystem

   - Auto-discovery of available plugins (see *Featured Plugins* in the
   screenshot below)
   - Point-and-click installation — you no longer need to download JAR
   files and shut down JIRA to install them.

The pro is that plugins can be installed from the UI without asking Wush,
the con is that some plugins (like git) appear to have been removed.
However I added that one again and the configuration was still there, so
we'll see if that works. It would be great if we can add new git
repositories without having to have wush do it.

If you see a cool plugin AND install it, could you please notify this list
at least? Unless you think we should still fill out INFRSTR jiras for
those. Just a quick note saying what you're installing and what the user
impact looks like. If it's a big deal might want to notify Sakai-Dev.

I'll start it off, I'm adding two I'd wanted in the past:
*Jira Misc Custom Fields* - Allows for more fields to be used in JSQL
filters and reports.
https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmcf.jira-misc-custom-fields/version/14