[cle-release-team] lesson builder for 2.9

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Sun Mar 25 13:13:23 PDT 2012

I just compared Lesson Builder 1.4 and 1.5. The changes are pretty tame. The only reason I didn't do them all in 1.4 is that the release of 2.9 was imminent.

My current thought is to add a sakai.properties entry to control the new popup dialogs, with a default off. The rest of the code is safe. The dialogs have to work both ways, because the popups don't make sense for iPhones.

Does lesson builder for 2.9 have to be done from a branch? At the moment I don't plan anything that shouldn't go into 2.9. So going from trunk would be fine. I'll continue to work on a few minor requests, and improve the site copy code, all of which is fine. The next major change planned is CC export. That will be a completely separate thing with no effect on primary functionality and can simply be defaulted to disabled until it's carefully tested.

It would be most convenient to have 2.9 go from trunk, which is 1.5, and regard 1.4 as simply a tag, with almost no separate maintenance. I'd advise people to move to 1.5.

If for logistical reasons (e.g. different based for the pom files) 2.9 should come from a branch, then I'm going to suggest keeping it on 1.4 and I'll just update it to be the same as trunk except the necessary pom file differences. Keeping them in sync isn't that hard.