[cle-release-team] 2.8 merge candidate: SAK-19301

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Mar 21 19:56:32 PDT 2012

I saw that tonight too,

The only thing with this is that it's a small enhancement in that it
changes the UI.  This policy for that is here, so I'll go down the list
quick for formality.

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/Maintenance+Branch+Merge+Policy

Small enhancements may be applied to active maintenance release branches if
they meet the following criteria:The change is narrow in scope (modest
changes to a single project)

1) The change has been reviewed and approved by tool lead for the
maintenance branch
 - Zhen reviewed and committed - PASS
2) The change does not require database changes
 - No DB Change - PASS
3) The change has been running in production for one month minimum (uVA
 - I'm guessing since it was submitted that this is running at uVA in
production, not sure about anywhere else so - PASS
4) Changes that could impact internationalization negatively must be tested
in two languages that are not variants of the same country.
- The string *"Last updated"* is hard-coded in the template and not i18n'd-
NEEDS to be fixed, minimally added to properties for English - No other
impact - NO PASS
5) The change is non-disruptive to the user experience ( I.e. changes that
don't require user retraining and are unlikely to break existing
customizations). Exceptions to this rule may be made if the change is
configurable and is disabled by default.
 - I would consider this non disruptive (adds a new div) but isn't possible
to disable. - PROBABLE PASS
6) Prior to merging, the change must be tested with the target maintenance
branch, by the requesting institution, using a documented test plan.
 - This should be specifically tested in 2.9, then this would pass -
PROBABLE PASS
7) The change must be preceded by a public announcement on the production
and dev lists that alerts community members to the impending addition of a
new feature in one or more maintenance branches. The announcement will
describe the new feature, configuration options, test plans, relevant
tickets, etc. When the change is committed a follow-up announcement listing
the branch revision incorporating the change will be published. The
information provided in such announcements will also be added to relevant
release notes in JIRA, Confluence and elsewhere.
 - After merging a announcement should be sent out to production and
sakai-dev

TL;DR : If that string got property internationalized I'd be happy. I'm
don't think this needs to be hidden with another property.

Also sakaidev@ is not an address (I got a bounce rejection) :)