[cle-release-team] unique versions, well and truly borked

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 19 03:35:59 PDT 2012

On 19 March 2012 10:18, Steve Swinsburg <steve.swinsburg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm happy to move to Maven 3 since I did a lot of the work to support it, I just don't want to cause issues with older versions since I still need to support them (Profile2, local builds) and I'm not too keen on switching back and forth all the time. I'll need to resurrect my cool little applescript  widget to change my environment if I do.

I think switching to m3 is likely to cause a few snags when we want to
merge changes backwards and leads to developers tending to use m3 for
everything and so not spotting issues with m2 and stable branches. But
we've got to make the jump some time.

As a side note I have scripts for different maven versions, this is my
mvn3 script and don't rely on the environment too much.

#!/bin/bash

export M2_HOME=$HOME/java/apache-maven-3.0.3/
$M2_HOME/bin/mvn $*

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services