[cle-release-team] Quick Update on Release

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Mar 12 15:04:58 PDT 2012

This is just an update as there was no tag released as expected Friday:

The is no new tag yet, but it is *really* close. The current delay is
because previously all releases were done by Anthony (and lately by Chris)
using their svn credentials from a local machine. Under the new process,
Jenkins is going to need to perform all of the releases. It will both run
the maven release plugin tasks (which involve updating the poms and
creating a tag) as well as the maven deployment to stage the release on
sonatype. However there were no svn credentials available for Jenkins to
commit to svn, and I didn't realize that until late on Friday. We were
thinking of a user "cle-release-team at collab.sakaiproject.org" that would be
able to commit to all tags and branches of everything. That combined with
some software/hardware issues with the build box this morning has caused
these delays.

I've been working on a new script to automate all of this which is
committed here:
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/cle-release/scripts/jenkinsrelease/

However in order to *test* this, I need to get kernel released, then master
released (because master has an import dependency on kernel, which I also
didn't realize to pull in pom artifacts)

		<dependency>
			<artifactId>kernel</artifactId>
			<groupId>org.sakaiproject</groupId>
			<version>${sakai.kernel.version}</version>
			<type>pom</type>
			<scope>import</scope>
		</dependency>

Then everything should be able to be scheduled to be released to jenkins by
this script in order, and the core packaged up either by Chris or myself as
usual.

My idea is that all of the versions for the various releases will be
hardcoded in a .yaml configuration file (probably on confluence) until we
can figure out or be confident with removing the versions entirely.

Anyway, the current plan is to have all of the indies released tomorrow as
I'd expect we will have the svn account all setup then.