[cle-release-team] What are the highlights of the 2.9 enhancements?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Jun 4 06:44:40 PDT 2012

This would be my quick 10 list.

1) New look, feel and navigation with Neoportal
2) Lesson Builder enabled and upgraded providing content sequencing making
Sakai CLE a viable for online training and online courses
3) Various feature additions to Gradebook including drop highest, drop
lowest, keep highest in a category
4) CKEditor enabled by default in all tools, all core plugins converted and
upgraded
5) Runs on the latest version of Tomcat (Tomcat 5.5 is EOL on Sept 30,
2012!) and support for Java 7.
6) Hooks for optional features. Code needed for Delegated Access (more
specific administrative control) and Dashboard are included for these
contrib tools
7) Redone build process will allow for more/faster maintenance releases (if
there is community demand)
8) Many updates in Message and Forums including improved navigation, user
interface and feature additions -
  https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=75668486
9) Many updates in Samigo including optional support for Respondus
Lock-down browser, additional grading options and question options
10) Many improvements in all tools in accessibility, security and
internationalization.

Based on this list here:

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/Sakai+2.9.0+Changes
and