[cle-release-team] A better CLE quickstart

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 04:51:52 PDT 2012

Pie in the sky thinking: I think it would be cool to have a quickstart like OAE, so we don't need to have 6 different types of downloadable artifacts. Not sure the best way to do that yet. Some sort of small download then bootstrap a bigger download of the artifacts and run it all at once. Jnlp style but different.

Then we can just have one binary, and then if you want to do more, build the source. I doubt very much that anyone uses the binary version for anything past a demo anyway so they could theoretically be collapsed.

It would be useful to glean some webserver stats on how many times they are accessed though.

Anyway what do people think of the better quickstart idea?

Cheers
Steve

Sent from my iPad