[cle-release-team] 2.8.2 release done - need input

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Mon Jun 4 03:37:32 PDT 2012

Thanks for all the hard work and effort here Steve! I think this is
very valuable for the community and definitely something we will
mention at the TCC/CLE team update (at the least).

My opinions:
> It does raise a question though, how much do the download artifacts get
> used? I've been thinking of a better way to do this, maybe for later
> releases...

I don't use them and at Unicon we prefer to build all artifacts ourselves.

> Taglibs: Haven't been distributed since 2.6, and the bit of HTML that
> renders the link is commented out. So I assume its ok to leave them out.

I didn't realize this wasn't being used. We should probably remove it
from trunk right?

> Release Notes in confluence:  Haven't been updated since 2.8.0. There are
> none for 2.8.1. They also duplicate a lot of the content in the install
> guide. What do you want to do for 2.8.2?

Seems like just adding something to the "major" release page would be
enough since mostly we are just talking about bug fixes. Not quite the
same as some other open source projects but less effort and probably
easier for users to find what they are looking for.

:-)
-AZ