[cle-release-team] An interesting (bug?) : release problem

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Thu Jul 5 03:55:44 PDT 2012

I wouldn't worry too much about the size of the DM block. Lots of
other projects have lists of dependencies that are miles long.

I would worry about changing the way master works too much because
most contrib tools depend on it directly so if we take too much out we
will break all the contrib tools and that's not an acceptable fix for
the community.

I do like the idea of the kernel POM depending on the master POM but
I'm not sure this makes sense since master defines the kernel versions
in DM. I definitely don't like the way master imports the kernel pom
the way it does. That has always bothered me.
>From the master POM:
                <dependency>
                        <artifactId>kernel</artifactId>
                        <groupId>org.sakaiproject</groupId>
                        <version>${sakai.kernel.version}</version>
                        <type>pom</type>
                        <scope>import</scope>
                </dependency>
(and it depends on other parts of the kernel as well)

I suspect we probably need something like:
sonatype -> super-master -> kernel -> master -> tool-base or sakai-base

(or something to that effect)

-AZ