[cle-release-team] [sakai2-tcc] Java 6 EOL

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:01:39 PST 2012

Perhaps we should look more towards the OpenJDK as well, as others have suggested. Apparently the only difference is between a few media libraries as they can't be open sourced.
This is a good read:
http://www.java7developer.com/blog/?p=302

And there is hope. Oracle lists the same developer preview you linked
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-se-jdk-7-download-432154.html

Looking for the JDK7 for Mac OS X Developer Preview?
The JDK7 for Mac OS X Developer Preview for Java Developers is now available on jdk7.java.net

There is also a Java7 preview up on developer.apple.com.

That's a relief.

cheers,
Steve