[cle-release-team] Decision: managing blockers on 2.9 release

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Fri Aug 17 11:45:59 PDT 2012

Hi All,

At the last CLE meeting, which I know a lot of you were unable to attend, we discussed getting 2.9 into GA (general availability)  aka Production release, or whatever you like to call it. As part of the process to get the release out we propose that we keep as Blockers only new regressions, with the rationale that if a blocker is in production for 2.8.2 then we can probably live with it as a blocker for 2.9.0 (which means, in effect, that it won't really be considered a blocker for the 2.9.0 release).

Does anybody have any objections to this approach? If so, please voice your concerns over email, or at latest by attending next Thursday's CLE meeting.

Thanks,
Neal