[cle-release-team] Need to Create a new Sakai Tag for DAV 2.8 and Tomcat 7 Changes

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Wed Aug 15 12:06:59 PDT 2012

Right, a tag is involved in a new release. A branch would be something
someone builds from source and deploys.

Though isn't this really just pom changes for webdav that could potentially
be activated by profile?  Yea a change to DavRealm too, but that could be
switched with the maven-build-helper? Or is there something more?

I think ideally something like this would also be nice if there were also a
binary overlay on top of 2.8.2. (Someone could uncompress the regular 2.8.2
binary, then uncompress another zip file on top and be ready to go)

I know the EOL for 5.5 is approaching so I'd be interested in this, would
want to make it easy though, so let me know if you want to talk about it or
if you have more details.