[cle-release-team] Confluence Upgrade Issue (License)

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Tue Apr 3 12:18:14 PDT 2012

So I was noticing a lot of pages weren't coming up right on confluence,

Tracked it down to a plugin that wasn't updated. (The composition plugin)
When I update it, the pages work "better" but it complains about licensing.

This plugin was previously free and was used by Anthony on a lot of pages
to make tabs and such

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+CLE+2.8+release+notes
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/Test+Instances
and probably others . . .

The current license is $200 a year for unlimited users.
http://www.customware.net/store/confluence/composition_plugin.html

I don't see anything on their webpage about open source project discounts.

My thoughts are we should probably stop using this plugin and do something
else, but that might require more than $200 worth of labor to cleanup. Any
thoughts?