[cle-release-team] Can we get the permissions sorted on takishi?

Anthony R S Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Mon Sep 26 06:51:14 PDT 2011

The old approach is sub-optimal; 1) general releases involve resetting the
perms to apache:apache; the indies traditionally rely on individual
permissions (e.g., arwhyte:release, swinsburg:release, horwitz:release,
etc.). If I try an perform a profile2 release it always fails if the folder
perms are swinsburg:release; this forces one to release from the tag, which
is no big deal per se, other than a time waster.

As Chris writes below we should set the repo perms to
shared_release:release and make sure that everyone's who has the right to
deploy binaries to the repo have their public key added to the
shared_release user's authenticated_keys file.

During the recent training session I asked Chris to add release team
members public keys to shared_user.

** Chris--can you provide a list of keys that have been added? It should
include:

Boston, Horwitz, Hudson (e.g. Jenkins), Jones, Maurer, Swinsburg, Thomas
(Zach), Whyte. I believe Lydia Li's key was added early on (possibly
the
first).

Cheers,

Anth

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 22:44:33 +1000, Steve Swinsburg  wrote: Hi Chris,  That
probably sounds about right because looking at the creation dates, they
seem to all be recent (11th September this time around). Is that release
process still in place or are we going to do something different? It would
be nice to be able to just run a script and have a release packaged up from
any machine. A workspace on one of the machines that the source can be
checked out from would be great, as it would probably take all week for a
full release to be uploaded from my machine!   Thanks for the info about
the shared_release user. Can you check that my set of SSH keys are in? I
can't seem to access when logging in as that user.  cheers, Steve