[cle-release-team] IE9 Compatability in 2.9

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Oct 7 13:10:09 PDT 2011

>From what I remember, the major problem with IE9 was FCKEditor was broken
and never getting fixed. Since we've upgraded to CKEditor that would be
resolved. However I know that we're still running in compatibility mode so I
doubt anyone has tested with the "real IE9".

So yes, trunk is still forcing compatibility mode, we probably could do
without it, but QA would probably discover new things to fix in our code
that we could fix.

I have not tested with the IE10 developer preview, but know that
the compatibility flag still works. If there isn't anything that *needs* IE9
specifically and it all works in IE8 compatibility mode, I'd say we just
wait until 2.10 or 2.9.1 to address this and mark it as a lower priority?

(default.sakai.properties)

sakai.X-UA-Compatible=IE=EmulateIE8

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/config/trunk/configuration/bundles/src/bundle/org/sakaiproject/config/bundle/