[cle-release-team] sakai-trunk-all (full source check out test bed)

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Oct 5 14:35:20 PDT 2011

I spent a little bit of time this afternoon tidying up sakai-trunk-all as an example of how trunk should be set up.

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-trunk-all/

It builds and deploys cleanly to Tomcat 7.  I clicked through all the tools and the build looks good.   This is how I think trunk should be set up.

Look at the revised .externals.  It includes all projects.

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-trunk-all/.externals

Look at the base pom.  The builds do not utilize kernel-deploy, core-deploy or jstl-shared-deploy so all projects are built and deployed to Tomcat 7 in the same manner (e.g., no assemblies).

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-trunk-all/pom.xml

Note that I added to the build what should prove to be a temporary "deploy" pom.  This tosses the following jars in shared/lib:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/branches/sakai-trunk-all/deploy/shared/pom.xml

commons-el
jstl
asm
asm-attrs
cglib

I believe the intention is to remove commons-el and jstl from shared/lib but a quick check of Jira proved inconclusive so I left them in the pom. The asm, asm-attrs and cglib jars are the three jars that kernel-assembly zip includes that I found earlier in the summer to not be included in you perform a build of the kernel sans the kernel-deploy pom.

I'm going to perform another build without this pom and test the effects.

I'm going to next create a new branch called sakai-trunk-assemblies.  That one will mimic what trunk does at present, plus add the 12 additional projects that now include assemblies to the core-deploy pom.

Cheers,

Anth