[cle-release-team] Starting to release stuff today

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Mon Oct 3 11:25:45 PDT 2011

Having to set that property is pretty annoying! However it should only be
altered temporarily while a new tag is being created and then immediately
changed back to -SNAPSHOT waiting for the next tag in trunk. (Similar to how
the maven-release-plugin does a temporary in-place change)

You'll just have to do the release *really* fast! ;) Maybe it would be
better if we put it in a profile incase we're not really fast? We'd have to
remember to swap the activeByDefault and the RELEASE property when doing a
release though. :( How has Anthony been doing this? I've grumbled a few
times in the past few days about this trying to release a local kernel using
this new process.

<profiles>
  <profile>
    <id>KERNEL-SNAPSHOT</id>
    <activation>
      <property>
        <name>KERNEL-SNAPSHOT</name>
        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
      </property>
    </activation>
    <properties>
      <sakai.kernel.version>1.3.0-SNAPSHOT</sakai.kernel.version>
    </properties>
  </profile>
  <profile>
    <id>KERNEL-RELEASE</id>
    <activation>
      <property>
        <name>KERNEL-RELEASE</name>
        <activeByDefault>false</activeByDefault>
      </property>
    </activation>
    <properties>
      <sakai.kernel.version>1.3.0-a01</sakai.kernel.version>
    </properties>
  </profile>
</profiles>

-Matthew