[cle-release-team] Starting to release stuff today

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Mon Oct 3 08:05:57 PDT 2011

That indie release plan looks really unpleasant.

Letting Jenkins do the releases might make this more pleasant. [1]
Entitybroker should really be in kernel at this point too, and we also
locally build both kernel and pure-poms together since you essentially can't
seem to release one without the other.

The biggest problem we found locally is that API changes still get into the
kernel in minor releases. We just wanted to get in new kernel fixes, but
SAK-18838 has an api change to "conditions/api/ConditionProvider.java" which
requires a local patch/rebuild of edu-services (if customized) and possibly
other tools. Since we aren't even using conditional release, it seemed
easier just to revert it.

Bummer!

[1] https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/M2+Release+Plugin