[cle-release-team] JSF 1.1 vs ClassLoader allowArraySyntax flag

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Thu Nov 17 10:21:49 PST 2011

Hello folks,

I'm pretty sure I heard on the call today that the allowArraySyntax was slated for removal from the recommended JAVA_OPTS. I think some work has been done related to this, but I'm having trouble finding it. SAK-16745 was marked resolved but I don't see any commits.

I had the understanding the the Sun JSF impl we use (1.1) has the issue and there won't be a point release. Using 1.2 requires a set of changes to taglibs and components we assuredly don't have time/QA to do for 2.9. I don't see the fix that makes it safe to remove the flag (though I could just not be seeing it).

Have we switched to the MyFaces impl across the board or something?

Thanks,
-Noah