[Announcements] Jasig and Sakai Merger - Welcome Apereo

Dolphin Ian iandolphin at sakaifoundation.org
Mon Dec 31 01:05:33 PST 2012

Dear Colleagues

On December 28th, a Certificate of Merger/Consolidation for Jasig and Sakai was filed in New Jersey and Michigan. As of that date the separate existence of Sakai and Jasig ceased, and the Apereo Foundation came into being.

I will provide a more detailed update during the course of January, but in the interim I wanted to inform you of salient developments.

In December, the Apereo Founding Board, which currently consists of four members of the former Sakai and Jasig Boards, elected pro-tem officers for the new foundation as follows -

Chair 		- Josh Baron, Marist College
Vice-Chair 	- Robert Sherratt, University of Hull
Secretary 	- Tim Carroll, University of Illinois
Treasurer 	- Charlie Leonhardt, Georgetown University

During the course of January four further board members will be elected by the Apereo Foundation membership as a whole. After that election has taken place, the Board may exercise an option to appoint up to four further representatives, and proceed to elect officers for the remainder of the year. Representatives of member organisations will be circulated with details of the Board election shortly. Please give careful consideration to standing for election.

I am pleased and honoured to report that the Foundation Board has named me as Executive Director of the Apereo Foundation. Patty Gertz, the former Executive Director of Jasig will join me as Associate Director for a transition period of six months.

I would like to thank you for your continued support, and to wish you a very happy start to 2013. I look forward to the challenges Apereo will bring, and working with you to strengthen and serve our communities into the future.

Regards

Ian

--
Ian Dolphin