[Announcements] Use of Sakai Announcement List

Ian Dolphin iandolphin at sakaifoundation.org
Thu Apr 5 07:03:59 PDT 2012

Over the last few days there has been an increase in inward traffic to the Sakai announcements list. I wanted to take the opportunity to remind list subscribers that the list is moderated as it is intended for the posting of Foundation and community announcements, rather than to support ongoing discussions.

Since the recent release of a several documents concerning the proposed merger of Jasig and Sakai on Monday, a number of community members have asked about how to best post feedback, concerns, and questions related to the merger. For those who wish to follow and participate in the Sakai-Jasig merger process, a specific joint list was set up in March of 2011 and I recommend that related issues be posted to it at:https://groups.google.com/group/jasig-sakai-collaboration

I would urge all community members to subscribe to this list, and use it for communication, discussion and comment around the proposed merger.

We have a number of lists covering a range of issues, and foundation and community members should feel free to suggest others. Sakai mailing lists on a range of topics and themes can be found at

Ian

--
Ian Dolphin
Executive Director, Sakai Foundation