[Announcements] Teaching with Sakai Webinar, September 27, 2011

Jon Hays jonmhays at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 14 13:24:46 PDT 2011

Dear Sakai Teaching & Learning Community,

You are invited to attend the new Teaching with Sakai Webinar Series
that was proposed at the LA Sakai Conference in June.  Our goals for
putting on these webinars are to expand our local professional
development efforts and develop deeper cross-institutional collaboration
and sharing.

We encourage institutions to setup "watch parties" with faculty and
instructors so that you can participate both in a community wide
discussion and follow-up local discussions.  Contact us if you are
interested in setting up a watch party for your campus so we can include
you in a pre-webinar practice session. This is very much a grass-roots
effort and we will all be learning as we go, so stay tuned!

UC Berkeley will kick things off by hosting the inaugural webinar:

September 27, 2011 at 3pm EST (12pm PST)
*Learning through reflective writing and immersion with social media*
Bobby White is teaching a 10 week professional development seminar for
faculty focused on the history and origins of new media.  The primary
learning goals for her class are to:

  * develop a greater understanding of the cross-disciplinary
    foundations of new media
  * be able to utilize social media in supporting students to facilitate
    their own learning

This webinar will focus on how Bobby is using blogs and the Sakai Open
Academic Environment (OAE) to meet these goals through reflections on
readings, sharing ideas, and online discussion.

Register at: http://teachingwithsakai.eventbrite.com/

*Teaching with Sakai Webinar Series*
The Teaching with Sakai webinar series highlights effective teaching
practices using Sakai from across the community.  Each webinar in the
series will begin with a 20 minute presentation followed by a
facilitated discussion.

This is an opportunity for you to take advantage of one of the real
benefits of the Sakai Community, so don't miss out!

If you have questions or have an idea for a webinar to add later in the
year, let us know.

--
Jon Hays
Sr. Instructional Designer

&

Kimberly Eke, Ph.D.
Sr. Mgr., Teaching&  Learning Interactive
ITS Teaching, Learning, and Research Computing
919-445-9472 |http://blog.sakai.unc.edu