[Announcements] Sakai Conference Los Angeles

Powell, Charles charles.powell at yale.edu
Sat Mar 26 09:22:08 PDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

As the chair for the upcoming Sakai conference in Los Angeles on June 14 – 16, I’m thrilled with the opportunity to renew old acquaintances and learn new things. I want to personally invite you to join us in Los Angeles, and to solicit your help in making this a(nother) great Sakai conference.

The number one thing you can do to help is by attending and contributing in person to this great event.  Running a close second and my plea for today, however, is by volunteering to present either as a part of the main conference or as a Pre-conference session.  I know we’re all busy and I know it takes time and energy but **our** success hinges on **us**, so please consider presenting!

We have made the proposal process as simple and efficient as we could.  Please go to the Call for Presentation Proposals <http://www.sakaiproject.org/sakai-conference-2011/presentations> to sign-up for one or more of the options listed there.  Because of the location change we’re on a tight deadline and you may feel a little time pressure – but trust me you’ll be amazed at how good it feels to share your experiences and meet all the other Sakai folks who will flock to learn more about your experiences.

We have also created a Request for Presentation Suggestions to allow you to suggest presentations that you can’t give but would love to hear!  Please take a moment to share your suggestions about the sessions and content that would be most beneficial. This information can be submitted and reviewed immediately.

We want to make this the best conference ever, we need your help, please help make this a two way street and consider giving as well as receiving new knowledge!  I can’t wait for June, see you then.

Chuck Powell
http://classesv2.yale.edu (our local Sakai instance)

Chuck Powell / Charles.Powell at Yale.edu
Associate CIO, Operations, Support & Services  (OSS)
Yale University Information Technology Services (ITS)
150 Munson St (Room #470), P.O. Box 208276, New Haven, CT 06520
Phone: (203) 432-7458 Fax: (203) 436-4066 http://www.yale.edu/its
	10262010-11112010

"In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome diet." (Winston Churchill)

NOTE: Yale ITS will NEVER request passwords or other personal information via email. Messages requesting such information are fraudulent and should be deleted.