[Announcements] Jasig-Sakai Common Foundation Value Proposition Document

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Thu Apr 14 10:04:43 PDT 2011

Colleagues,

The Jasig-Sakai Joint Working Group has been working to define the "value
proposition" associated with creating a common foundation/organization and
are pleased to be able to share the attached document which speaks to this
important issue.  You will find that we've opted to discuss the value
proposition from a range of perspectives, starting first at the
macro-level and the value of open source in general and then drilling down
to the micro-level and the value of a common organization.  We've done
this as means to ensure that the document speaks to a broad audience,
including those external to both Jasig and Sakai.

The Jasig-Sakai JWG is extremely interested in hearing from our two
communities (and beyond) and are hoping that this document will stimulate
discussion within and between our groups.  To this end, we would like to
encourage everyone to post your questions, concerns and thoughts as means
to begin this important dialog.  As a reminder, you can join the formal
Jasig-Sakai Collaboration list by going to:
http://groups.google.com/group/jasig-sakai-collaboration.  We will be
using this list to distribute information such as this document and
interact with our two communities.

Thanks,

Josh
Co-Chair, Jasig-Sakai Joint Working Group
Chair, Sakai Foundation Board of Directors

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601