[Announcements] Sakai Executive Director Position Search

Lois Brooks lbrooks at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 15 16:43:47 PDT 2010

Dear Sakai Community,

I am writing to let you know that the Sakai Board of Directors has opened a position search for a new Sakai Foundation Executive Director. As you probably know, Michael Korcuska recently left the Sakai Foundation to pursue another opportunity, and I have stepped into the leadership role for the interim until this position is filled. We are now beginning this search.

The Board seeks a visionary leader to serve as Executive Director. With nearly 100 academic and corporate members, and over 200 institutional deployments on six continents, the Sakai community is robust, global and growing. The Sakai community is marked by active development projects, a deeply engaged teaching and learning constituency, and well established communities of practice, all contributing significantly to the development of the Sakai software. The Executive Director manages the Foundation activities and staff, leads the community, and engages with agencies and organizations on behalf of the Foundation.  Because the Sakai community is global, and the staff spread across the US and Europe, there is no location requirement for the position. We welcome applications from all locations.

A job description for the Executive Director position may be found at http://sakaiproject.org/sakai-foundation-executive-director-search

Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume/cv to Mary Miles, mmiles at sakaifoundation.org. Resumes will be accepted through April 20, 2010. Confidential inquiries may be directed to me at lbrooks at sakaifoundation.org

Sincerely,

Lois Brooks