[Announcements] LAST CALL - Presenters Needed - Teaching & Learning Show & Tell Preconference

Rob Coyle rcoyle at jhu.edu
Wed Jun 9 09:55:26 PDT 2010

Greetings -

At the 2010 Sakai conference in Denver, we invite Sakai users to participate in the Teaching and Learning preconference workshop, "T & L Show & Tell," during the afternoon of Monday, June 14th.  We solicit short presentations of teaching methods in Sakai, illustrating specific techniques, tips, scenarios, or solutions, with printed or web takeaways. Both instructors and instructional designers are invited to share answers to questions such as:

- What enhancement have you made to Sakai out-of-the-box?

- What teaching practice have you finally been able to implement?

- What teaching problem have you solved with Sakai?

- What special request or situation have you accommodated with Sakai?

These short talks will be appetizers for the main conference sessions, whether they relate directly to a conference talk or serve generally to pique interest.

Please volunteer for a presentation of 5-20 minutes, by signing up at our Confluence planning page by May 28th:

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=68165032

We will schedule the presentations and assemble all materials (to be submitted by June 4th) into one document and website.  Presenters are invited to bring something to offer the attendees -- a help sheet, a screen shot or illustration, a configuration file, or other takeaway.

Robin Hill
Mathieu Plourde
Rob Coyle
Robin K. Hill, Ph. D.      Coordinator of Instructional Computing
University of Wyoming  Ellbogen Center for Teaching and Learning
hill at uwyo.edu<mailto:hill at uwyo.edu>             307-766-5499
=================================
Mathieu Plourde, MBA
Project Leader, LMS/Instructional Designer
IT-Client Support & Services
mathieu at udel.edu<mailto:mathieu at udel.edu>
Office: 302-893-6631
Robert M. Coyle,
Instructional Designer | Instructional Technology and Distance Education |
Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals | 6810 Deerpath Road | Elkridge, MD 21075  |
o: 410.516.2291 | c: 443.271.0453 | rcoyle at jhu.edu | www.ep.jhu.edu<http://www.ep.jhu.edu>