[Announcements] Sakai Foundation Update > Executive Director Position

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Thu Feb 18 13:50:16 PST 2010

Community Members,

I'm writing to announce that Michael Korcuska will be stepping down as
Executive Director of the Sakai Foundation, effective March 15, 2010.
Michael has served as Executive Director since July, 2007. He leaves the
Sakai Foundation to take up a position at LinkedIn in Mountain View,
California as global head of customer operations.

The Board has decided that an interim Executive Director is needed to
assure operational continuity of Foundation activities.  I am pleased to
announce that Sakai co-founder and former Board member Lois Brooks has
agreed to serve as interim ED. Her long association with the Sakai
Foundation leaves her well positioned to step in and help with this
transition.  Michael and Lois will work together in the coming weeks to
ensure a smooth handover. The Sakai Foundation would like to thank
Stanford University for helping to enable Lois' transition into this role.

On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Sakai Foundation, I would like
to thank Michael for his service to the Foundation and the Sakai
community.  Sakai has matured considerably over the past few years and we
are well positioned for the future, including the exciting opportunities
represented by Sakai 3. In addition, many of us have gotten to know
Michael on a professional as well as personal level and will miss his
passion, enthusiasm, and seemingly endless optimism and goodwill.  We wish
Michael well in his future endeavors.

In the next few weeks we will communicate more details on the transition
plans.

Josh Baron
Chair, Sakai Foundation Board of Directors

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron